Vía Expresa de Javier prado

Land transport

Driver’s license issued abroad


A driver’s license granted in another country can be exchange for a license whose class or type is equivalent to the one established in the current regulations, provided that the driver’s license is valid.

  1. Medical psychosomatic fitness certificate
  2. Certificate issued by competent authority that issued the license being exchanged, confirming its authenticity with indication of the type of vehicles it authorizes driving
  3. Certificate stating that exam on traffic regulations and land transport has been passed, according to class and category of driver’s license being exchanged
  4. Copy of identification document
  5. Payment of PEN 24.50 processing fee at Banco de la Nación: Tax No. 1600

Note: The requirement established in Part c) cannot be requested from citizens from countries that have entered international agreements on mutual recognition and driver’s license exchange with Peru.