The Ministry of Transports and Communications, in accordance with the Article 7 of Radio and Television Act and the Article 50 of the Regulations relevant to the Radio and Television Act, calls the radio amateurs and general public to decentralized public hearings at least twice a year in order to address queries and admit proposals contributing to the improvement of broadcasting services.
The Decentralized Public Hearings of Broadcasting Service are not intended to interfere with the radio programing content.
Which Directorate organizes the hearings?
The General Directorate for Authorizations in Telecommunications is in charge of organizing the hearings which involves officials of the areas of the Vice-Ministry of Communications linked to the aspects related to Broadcasting Services and CONCORTV professionals, such as:
- General Directorate for Authorizations in Telecommunications (DGAT, by its Spanish initials).
- General Directorate for Control and Supervision of Communications (DGCSC, by its Spanish initials)
- Radio and Television Advisory Council – (CONCORTV, by its Spanish acronym)
Who can attend the hearings?
Radio amateurs, social communicators, journalists, technicians, students and any citizen who is interested in the subject can attend the hearings; there is no restriction.
Purpose of the Hearing
The purpose of the hearing is to address queries and admit proposals contributing to the improvement of broadcasting services.
Development of the Hearing
The ones who desires to participate in the hearing shall enroll themselves before it starts. The hearing starts with the welcoming remarks and the opening of the Minister of Communications.
In order to disseminate the standards and procedures applicable to broadcasting services and the actions executed to boost the development of the same benefiting the citizenship, a brief presentation in charge of the specialists is developed, mainly in the following topics:
- General standards applied to broadcasting services including principles, requirements, terms for the procedures for granting authorizations, renewals and modification of technical characteristics, payment installment of debts, among others.
- Specification of qualified locations such as rural areas or preferential areas of social interest.
- Payments applicable to broadcasting services, such as processing fee and authorization, publication, royalty and rate.
- Technical Regulations of Broadcasting Service, urban perimeter and restriction areas. Non-Ionizing Radiation (RNI, by its Spanish initials).
- Digital Terrestrial Television
- Control and supervision actions, infringements and sanctions.
- Ethical codes of broadcasting operators.
It is followed by the key part of the hearing, which is the participation of the audience making queries and proposals to improve the broadcasting services.
During the development of the hearings, outside the place where the same are taken place, the DGTA installs a service module where technical, legal, general and specific information is provided, these are about the administrative procedures of the broadcasting services of the interest parties according to the geographical areas for which the decentralized public audiences has been convened.
Broadcaster Customer Service
Means to obtain information:
- Personalized information: MTC-1st floor 09:00 am - 01:00 pm and 02:00 pm – 05:00 pm
- Address: Jr. Zorritos 1203 (Floor 10 C), in the district, province and department of Lima.
- Website: http://www.mtc.gob.pe/comunicaciones/autorizaciones/radiodifusion/tramites_orientacion.html
- Telephone for questions: (511) 6157800 - Annexes 1313 or 1309, 6568 -Hour: 09:00 am - 10:30 am and 14:00 pm – 03:30 pm.
- E-mail: email@example.com